Digital But Original—The Thoughts are Handcrafted

 

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ever A Helpful Boy


So this morning I, Jared, am here tending the young 'uns. Sorry if I lapsed into Hick for a second there. Sometimes that can happen, living as I do, in semi-backwoods Missouri.

Anyway, I was feeding Noah, who was ravenous. Luke, ever a helpful boy, brings me Jessica's milk pumper. He was even holding it up to his own chest like he has seen Mommy doing.

I tried to explain to him that only moms can produce milk. Daddy doesn't have that capacity and neither will he when he's older.

A little later, he tried to feed the baby trail mix. Next, he had found some glucose tablets that I keep by the bed in case of low blood sugars, dumped them all out, and was eating those.

That'll teach me to take my eyes off him, even if my attentions had been focused on getting an agitated Noah to sleep.

I really do think that Luke means to be helpful. Jessica and I will just have to train him to channel his eagerness towards activities that everyone agrees are helpful.

Speaking of helpful things, I just got the baby to sleep. What a relief! Before that, I was one-handing-it trying to type. Of course, Luke has now joined me at the keyboard . . . asdfj35533

No, I haven't regressed from Missouri Hick into illiteracy. Luke was just helping me with my blog post!

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

That is a funny post. I know just what you mean. Blake used to get the pump out too. He would put grapes on top of Elizabeth in the swing when she was only a few weeks old. Too cute!