Digital But Original—The Thoughts are Handcrafted

 

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Lords Family


This is my sister's family. Keri and Nick, Adam, Brock, Chad, and Abby live in Las Vegas. Adam is serving a mission in the Hawaii, Honolulu mission (see Elder Lords blog) and I get his letters forwarded to my email every week. It's such a treat to read about his experiences and feel the spirit of his testimony shine through. He's an amazing missionary and already has had some touching moments with many of the investigators that they know.
Here's a little from one especially heartfelt letter...
"In one day we picked up three people that at one time had a date for baptism. Seriously, it was amazing, because we didn't do anything to get them back. I love how the Lord blesses us when we show our commitment to him. It helps me try harder and work more diligently when I know the Lord will provide."

Keri is my big sister! She loves her "calling" as a mom and is a wonderful example to me as a mother. She is always doing things for others and loves and serves as the Savior would. She has a beautiful testimony and she shares it. I know many times she has shared her missionary experiences with me and it is always helps remind me to look for my own opportunities to share to gospel with those I know. She recently took a challenge to read the Book of Mormon in 60 days. Well, she did it in 46! She says, "I have read the Book of Mormon many times, but I don’t ever remember a time when the whole book came alive for me - the people, the places, the joys, the sorrows. I FELT everything!! But, what I felt the most was the love that my Savior has for me and for all of us. It is amazing to look back at all the times I highlighted the word Christ, Father or our Savior. Jesus Christ, his love and atoning sacrifice, truly is the golden thread that is woven amongst it’s pages."

Nick, my brother-in-law, is a dentist and has been especially generous with us. He has been the bishop in their ward going on 5 years and whenever I attend their ward, I feel the spirit so strongly. He relies on the spirit to help him accomplish goals for the ward, lead and teach. Their ward seems truly united in their commitments to the Lord, missionary work, and building each other as they serve.

Thanks Lords Family for all your amazing examples!

2 comments:

The Lords said...

My sweet Jessie--Thank you for your kind words. We all have so much to be thankful for--you are one of my greatest blessings! I love you to the moon and back!!

Gough Clan said...

Your sister is sweet. Her kids are getting so big. When you don't see people you don't expect them to grow up.
Luke is getting so big and is absoluetly adorable.
Oh and I love your new blog background.