Digital But Original—The Thoughts are Handcrafted

 

Monday, October 20, 2008

Luke and Noah




Well, I have to admit that having two little ones is hard. I've, thankfully, had help. My mom came a couple of days before Noah was born and stayed a two and a half weeks! Honestly, I don't know how I could have survived without her. She made everything so smooth. I was so lucky to have my mom here because at night I would get up to nurse the baby and then she would take over burping, changing and getting the little guy back to sleep. She cooked, cleaned, and took care of both of the kids. Where is she now?!?

My awesome sister, Kim, also flew out to be with us and the new baby. It was just wonderful to have them here and I'm so grateful. Jared's mom flew out to be here the same day as Kim and my mom flew home. She's going to be helping me out until November 2. We have such amazing family that blesses our lives immensely.

I've been doing very well with the recovery from the c-section. The hardest part is not being able to do the things I want and need to do. I admit to lifting Luke sometimes. It's just hard to have to ask someone to help with everything. It was my turn to teach the YW on the 12th, so when I showed up to church people were so surprised. I really feel blessed that I've been out of pain for the most part and been able to get around. When Luke was born, it was a much longer and painful recovery.

Luke has been doing so well adjusting to his new little brother. He has been getting lots of attention from the grandmas and auntie. He has been fun to watch around the baby. He puts his hands on Noah's head and rubs his hair mussing it all up. He will give the baby loves and kisses too. He seems very concerned when Noah cries and he's so cute standing on his tiptoes to peek into the bassinet at the baby. So, most of my fears have been put aside for the most part about Luke adjusting.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my! How precious is little Noah? I love his eyes! What a little darling. And your mom is too cute! I haven't seen her forever. Two is a lot harder, isn't it? I'm so glad you have so much help. What a beautiful little family you have.

nathansara said...

Cute pictures. Congrats on the new little one. I know having two is hard, but when they get a little older it will be nice because they have a little buddy to play with. Take care and have fun.

Emily said...

Jessica,
CONGRATULATIONS! Noah...is so darn cute...look at all of that hair! I LOVE Noah's hair!
Two little boys...they will love being so close in age and...they will love playing together!
Get some sleep!
LOVES

Just Us said...

Congrats on another beautiful boy! Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Maegan said...

Cute pictures. I love the one on the header of your blog. It is so adorable. I hope that you are doing well. I miss you cuz.

Sheryl said...

It gets better and better! Honestly--it is hard at first, but Blake and Elizabeth laugh and play together now. I'm glad you have so much help. Family is the best!

Anonymous said...

Luke and Noah are so cute i cant wait tell christmas to see them give them a big hug for me love you

abby