Digital But Original—The Thoughts are Handcrafted

 

Friday, July 25, 2008

Hi Ho It's Off to Work I Go

It's about the same time of year as back to school and here I am starting again. I'm trying out working one day a week. I thought it would be important to keep my skills going.
Yesterday was my first day and I was fretting about leaving Luke with a babysitter. I think I took too much-- all the stuff I think he may have needed, but I wanted him to have some familiar things.
Happily, the day went well. I wasn't hit with difficult patients or any other major problems at work. The best, though, was when I picked Luke up he was happy and all smiles. I was so relieved.
I don't know how you other working mommies do it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you can work one day a week! I love being a mom, but I think it's important to still keep our "skills" and time to ourselves, if you know what I mean! Check out my blog for a cute photo of the little miss in her darling dress from Aunt Guessie! Thanks again!

Lise said...

Hi Jessica,
I found your blog off of Michelle's. Sounds like you have been doing this for a long time. It is so fun to see where everybody is and what they are up to. I hope it works out for you going back to work. Sounds like it won't be for too long since you'll be having another one soon. It is so nice to have an occupation like that where you can just do like one day a week. Check out our blog www.dlheaton.blogspot.com I haven't updated it much since summer and pregnancy hit but I am hoping to catch up one of these soon days. See ya, Lise

Sara Walker said...

When I worked as a Dental Assistant I thought, darn, I should have studied to be a Hygenist! Great pay, fun atmosphere, and you can work 1-5 days as you'd like to!! I even looked into it, but only had a year left and it wasn't worth re-doing another 2 years. What an awesome mom job. Working part time is the way to go, wish I could do it! Sara